Friday 2 October 2009

hXcore

From Thursday night last week I had a pretty hardcore jammed weekend. I’ll write as briefly as possible. It started with Godor on Thursday, after making Katherine and I a chilli hot enough to blow my head off, then met Arnold for the weekly folk dancing extravaganza, which consisted of the Budapestrian youth dancing to Hungarian classic folk all night. It was quite surreal- Godor is one of the most popular clubs in the city and suddenly it was overtaken by embarrassing cultural-couple dancing.




Friday day is vanished from memory but we met the others at Mumus for a couple of awkwardly sober drinks with too many nationalities and then headed for the hills- quite literally Buda hills- in an abandoned Soviet kid summer camp (I don’t know whether it is Soviet, I just say it for effect). So kids were aplenty, but more to the older end of the scale in 17-20odd year olds. It was the ultimate outdoor rave, with DJ booths consisting of the stairwell landings of classrooms and table-tops. There were light and video displays and camp fire dancing galore, but the cold started to bite and we left at 4 back down the hill.



Saturday really was a non-day, the most eventful thing being dinner on Margitsziget at, which was actually super. Met the Italians later in the ‘eve at Instant, one of the best bars I have been to yet- it has a room made out like the Twits’ House with tables on the ceiling, fishes are suspended through the air and Balkan music played all night. Soon went to cringey-Morrisons and got felt-up by various disasters so went home promptish, the tiredness from raving creeping up again. As I have a camera I can actually document this post in more detail with corresponding pics woohoo! The next day we went to Gellert Baths, which were expensive and lush but think we missed an entire section of steam rooms. I intend to have a dip in all of the baths before I’m through with this place though. Evening bathes sound the most tempting.

No comments: