Tuesday 6 January 2015

riding through electro-village in hanoi

today myself and Brett went on a mission to buy some new cables in Hanoi.

this task involved finding electronics street, which we knew the vague area of.

what we didn't anticipate was that nearby electronics street is electro-village (motorbikes and bicycles can pass through here - only).

as we blazed through electro-village I became overwhelmed with the feeling that I was trapped inside a computer game motorbike race where my task was to find cable shop.

we whizzed past other shops selling LEDs, disco balls, feather-lights, electronic buddhas, battery stalls... each selling endlessly similar products and being overwhelmed with very few customers.

I was thinking - if you landed in Hanoi, on this street, from a spacecraft, you would think that Hanoi was a techno-party-city-central capital of Asia. what I'd really like to know is, when do people go to these crazy parties in this city which calls for the purchasing of all this neon gear?

anyway we eventually made it to the other side of the cramped village, and scored 10 points for our team. WINWIN.

No comments: